At present, metal pipes and hose coupling are connected by metal joints. Why? What are the disadvantages of the previous connection method?
▲ Connection method of iron wire binding
For a long time, the connection of metal pipes and hoses has been using the method of iron wire bundling. This original method requires the preparation of iron wire and pliers for bundling before operation. During operation, first put the hose into the metal hard tube, and then wrap the binding wire outside the coincidence section of the metal tube and the hose. Hold the two strands of twisted iron wire with hand pliers, and twist a few times to make the wire eat into the hose surface to a certain depth, and fix the hose to the metal hard pipe. Compared with metal joints, this connection has the following disadvantages.
1 Unreliable connection
It is more difficult to insert the hose into the metal hard tube during the connection operation. Different operators have different penetration depths, which will affect the firmness of the connection. When the wire is tied, different operators have different methods. The force will be smaller, and the connection will be If the wire is not secure, the wire will be twisted when the wire is tightened. In addition, after the wire is bundled, the metal tube and the hose are not tightly bonded at the place where the wire is tightened, and leakage may occur.
2 Duration of connection
There are generally three steps in the connection method using wire binding:
(1) Remove the original connecting tube. In actual operation, it is difficult to separate the original connected metal tube from the hose, which takes time and effort;
(2) Put the new hose into the metal pipe, because the outer diameter of the metal pipe is similar to the inner diameter of the matched hose, and the friction between each other is large, it will take a certain amount of time to insert;
(3) Bundling with wire, including cutting a certain length of wire with hand pliers, winding the wire outside the connecting section of the metal pipe and the hose, and tightening the wire vigorously. Generally, it takes more than five minutes to complete these three steps.
3 Waste generated
After the bundled iron wire is unloaded, it is usually discarded, resulting in waste of resources, long-term accumulation, and a lot of waste.
Due to the above shortcomings of the connection method of iron wire binding, it is no longer used in oilfield production.
▲ How to connect the punch card
This connection method has the following disadvantages:
1 Inconvenient operation
(1) The clip is the same as the wire binding, one needs to remove the original hose from the metal tube and put on a new hose.
(2) The inner diameter of the clip is slightly smaller than the outer diameter of the hose sleeved on the metal pipe, and it is more difficult to fit the clip.
(3) The fastening screws of the clip are very small, and it is inconvenient to tighten with a wrench, especially in the winter and night in the wild.
2 The clip is easily damaged
The material of the hose connection clip is low in durability and easy to be damaged during use.
3 The connection method of the hose and the connector is integrated. This connection method is fast and reliable. However, after a period of use, when the connection between the hose and the two ends is damaged, although the connectors on both ends are still intact, the entire hose and the connector It has to be discarded, which is a waste to social production. This is the case for the connection of household shower heads.
Therefore, at present, the joint and the hose are separated, and the joint can be replaced if the joint is broken. The hose replacement only needs to replace the hose, which greatly saves the maintenance cost.