In order to ensure that the hose is used during its effective use period, an appropriate system should be established to control the storage of the hose. Hose should be stored in accordance with the principle of conducive to the control of expiration date and first-in first-out. However, since the effective period of the hose and the hose assembly is affected by various factors such as temperature and light, its effective use period is difficult to define.
In German-speaking countries, the storage of hoses and hose assemblies must be carried out in accordance with the relevant standard DIN 20066:2002-10. The relevant parts are excerpted as follows: the hose used in the assembly must be within 4 years (counted from the date of hose production). The hose assembly shall be counted from the date of production, and its service life shall not exceed 6 years. In these 6 years, the storage time should not exceed 2 years. In addition, the version of the International Organization for Standardization's instructions on hoses/assemblies (ISO/TR 17165-2) is slightly different from the DIN standard:
ISO/TR 17165-2 stipulates that the validity period of the hose/hose assembly shall not exceed 10 years from the date of manufacture (counted from the date of production of the hose).
If the hose is in doubt after visual inspection (such as cracks or rust on the surface), it must be pressure tested before use. The hose assembly is related to the safety of equipment and personnel in use, and it should be ensured that it is always used according to specifications.
Key points for hose storage:
– Store in a dry, cool and clean environment at room temperature
– Avoid direct sunlight or humidity
– Do not store near high-power electrical appliances
– Avoid contact with corrosive chemicals
– Avoid ultraviolet radiation
– Prevent insects from biting
– Keep away from radioactive materials
Main points of hose joint storage:
– The above hose storage points are applicable to hose connectors
– Store hose connectors in clearly marked containers, such as Parker original packaging, to avoid confusion.
– The validity period of joints with O-rings under normal environment is not more than 2 years, and the storage of joints should also be in accordance with the principle of first-in first-out to avoid system leakage or pollution.