There are many things to pay attention to when using an […]
There are many things to pay attention to when using and maintaining stainless steel elbows. Users are required to use them in accordance with certain methods, and to use and maintain them in accordance with accurate and fair methods. Hipac lists the following precautions for everyone:
1. Stainless steel elbows that have been stored for a long time should be inspected as scheduled. Often the exposed processed surfaces must be cleaned, dirt removed, and stored neatly in a ventilated and dry place indoors. Do not stack or open storage. Often adhere to the dullness and ventilation of the stainless steel elbow, keep the device clean and tidy, and store it in accordance with the precise storage method.
2. For equipment, the stainless steel elbow can be directly connected to the pipeline according to the connection method, and the equipment can be installed according to the location of use. Under normal circumstances, the equipment can be in the desired position of the pipeline, but it needs to be checked for easy operation. Note that the medium flow direction of the cut-off stainless steel elbow should be upward from the vertical valve disc. The stainless steel elbow should pay attention to the tightness when the equipment is in order to avoid the phenomenon of leakage and affect the normal operation of the pipeline.
3. When the stainless steel elbow ball valve, globe valve and gate valve are used, they are only fully open or fully closed, and they are not allowed to adjust the flow to avoid erosion of the sealing surface and accelerate wear. The gate valve and the upper threaded shut-off valve have inverted sealing equipment. The handwheel is turned to the uppermost position and tightened to prevent the medium from leaking from the packing.
4. Stainless steel elbow should use hand wheel. Do not rely on lever or other tools to avoid damaging the valve. The handwheel rotates clockwise to close and vice versa to open.
5. The bolts of the stainless steel elbow valve packing gland should be evenly tightened, and should not be pressed into a crooked state, to avoid injuries that hinder the movement of the valve stem or cause leakage.
6. In the process of using stainless steel elbow, it should always be kept clean. The transmission thread must be smooth as scheduled. When a problem is found, it should be stopped immediately to find out the cause and eliminate the problem.